Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cake (scratch recipe)
2 1/4 C. flour
1/2 C. cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 C. butter
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. milk or buttermilk
1 oz. red food coloring, liquid not gel
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2) In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together.
3) In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
4) Scrape down bowl and beat again.
5) On low, add eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
6) Add sour cream.
7) Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt...) alternating while adding the milk.
8) Stir in red food coloring.
9) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.