- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 3/4 oz soft tofu
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 2 tbsp apple butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp red food colouring
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 tbsp 1% milk
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz soft tofu
- 2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 1 oz butter, softened
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Puree tofu and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Cream sugar, Splenda, shortening and apple butter.
- Add tofu puree and blend well.
- Make a paste of the cocoa, food colouring, and hot water, add to above mixture.
- Combine flours in another small bowl, as well as combining sour cream and milk in yet another bowl.
- Add flour and sour cream mixtures, alternating, to form a smooth batter.
- Combine vinegar and baking soda, quickly fold into batter.
- Portion cupcakes into prepared tins.
- Bake 15 minutes and turn out immediately onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a food processor or blender, puree tofu, cream cheese, butter, espresso powder and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes, and decorate each with a sprinkle of the raw sugar.
- Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
NotesA little unusual in both ingredients and combination, but these mini-cupcakes are a sure winner at my mom's office! Created for a healthy baking/cooking seminar I am presenting on Feb 6.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More