- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 3/4 oz soft tofu
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda Granular
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 2 tbsp apple butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp red food colouring
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 tbsp 1% milk
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz soft tofu
- 2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 1 oz butter, softened
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Puree tofu and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Cream sugar, Splenda, shortening and apple butter.
- Add tofu puree and blend well.
- Make a paste of the cocoa, food colouring, and hot water, add to above mixture.
- Combine flours in another small bowl, as well as combining sour cream and milk in yet another bowl.
- Add flour and sour cream mixtures, alternating, to form a smooth batter.
- Combine vinegar and baking soda, quickly fold into batter.
- Portion cupcakes into prepared tins.
- Bake 15 minutes and turn out immediately onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a food processor or blender, puree tofu, cream cheese, butter, espresso powder and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes, and decorate each with a sprinkle of the raw sugar.
- Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
NotesA little unusual in both ingredients and combination, but these mini-cupcakes are a sure winner at my mom's office! Created for a healthy baking/cooking seminar I am presenting on Feb 6.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More