- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch pressed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda then set aside.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy.. about 5 minutes.Add the eggs one at a time.Mix in the sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture until it is incorporated but do not over mix!!
- Pour the batter into two greased round pans. Bake cake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan and setting on wire rack to cool!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More