- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryPotatoes in three colors give this salad an all-American look.
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound unpeeled small or baby red-skinned potatoes
- 1 pound small purple or blue potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound unpeeled small white creamer or White Rose potatoes
- 2 cups cooked fresh peas, or one 10-ounce package frozen, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Whisk 1/2 cup green onions and next 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and chill dressing.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Place all potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Sprinkle with salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and boil until tender, 10 to 15 minutes (time will vary depending on size and variety of potatoes). Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place in large bowl. Add dressing, peas, and blue cheese; toss gently. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Sprinkle potato salad with paprika and remaining 1/2 cup green onions.
- Test-kitchen tip: water turns blue as you're cooking the blue potatoes, but don't worry — it won't discolor the white and red potatoes