- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c frozen tiny peas, defrosted
- 1 small red pepper, small dice
- 1 small bunch watercress, chopped (or Valeriana)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, combine peas, red pepper and watercress or Valeriana.
- In small jar, shake together oil, vinegar, green onions and garlic.
- Add to vegetables, tossing well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Per serving: 83 cal., 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 7 g carb., 2 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 6 mg sodium.
NotesThis would be so pretty at a Christmas dinner, yet it's a perfect summer side, as well. It's light and fresh and strangely satisfying. Low-cal, too. It was clipped from a now-forgotten magazine (no doubt a dental office theft).
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Italian Exchange
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More