- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c frozen tiny peas, defrosted
- 1 small red pepper, small dice
- 1 small bunch watercress, chopped (or Valeriana)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, combine peas, red pepper and watercress or Valeriana.
- In small jar, shake together oil, vinegar, green onions and garlic.
- Add to vegetables, tossing well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Per serving: 83 cal., 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 7 g carb., 2 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 6 mg sodium.
NotesThis would be so pretty at a Christmas dinner, yet it's a perfect summer side, as well. It's light and fresh and strangely satisfying. Low-cal, too. It was clipped from a now-forgotten magazine (no doubt a dental office theft).