- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c frozen tiny peas, defrosted
- 1 small red pepper, small dice
- 1 small bunch watercress, chopped (or Valeriana)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, combine peas, red pepper and watercress or Valeriana.
- In small jar, shake together oil, vinegar, green onions and garlic.
- Add to vegetables, tossing well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Per serving: 83 cal., 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 7 g carb., 2 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 6 mg sodium.
NotesThis would be so pretty at a Christmas dinner, yet it's a perfect summer side, as well. It's light and fresh and strangely satisfying. Low-cal, too. It was clipped from a now-forgotten magazine (no doubt a dental office theft).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More