- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups (10 oz pkg) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter, shortening, peanut butter, sugars and egg in a large bowl, beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork dipped in additional granulated sugar, flatten balls to about 1/4 inch thickness by pressing fork in two directionsto form a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- About 4 dozen cookies.
NotesMy fiance says these are the best peanut butter cookies he's ever had, and he is a peanut butter connoisseur!
I calculated the calories and fat for the recipe, and the whole thing is 4565 calories and 230 grams of fat (roughly, I'm going by memory). It makes about 3 dozen cookies for me, so 127 calories and 6 grams of fat per cookie. But they are sooo worth it!