- Cooking Time: see cake directions
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 boxes of chocolate jello instant pudding
- 4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp for drizzling)
- 1 large container of cool whip
- 1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)
- 1 large bag of Reese's pieces
- Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.
- Let cool whip thaw out until it's easier to spread.
- Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Let set.
- Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl), top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container), and then sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese's pieces.
- Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.
- Put the 2 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.
NotesI love baking and my all time favorite candy is Reese's so I tried a truffle and it is absolutely delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More