- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 spring onions
- 1 big tomatoe or 1 and a half
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper or one small one
- 1 tin makreles in oil (can be substituded with tuna)
- 1 half tin cannelli beans
- 30 pecan nuts
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of maldon salt
- a few dashes of red tabasco
- Chop veggies very finely like in small cubes.
- Drain and wash beans in a cholander
- Drain makreles of the oil
- Squeeze the lemon and measure 3 tbsp to the veggies in a bowl. Add the rest into a big glass and fill it up with sparking water.
- Combine and enjoy with the glass of lemon water.
- Also good to combine is home made croutons
- Take half a baguette, may be old and dry. Cut into slices, cut each slice into 4 pieces, put olive oil in a pan, be rather generous, almost a pan-bottom fill, fry on medium heat. Add a few herbs like 2 stalks of rosemarin and a few leaves of fresh oregano ca same quantity of each herb.
- Toss generously so that bread will soak up and get colour on each side.
- Let cool for a while and serve with this salad or any other
NotesI have a salad mania these days, I just love the fresh veggies. I was checking what I have in my storage of food and all and then with the influence of the Tabouleh I also posted earlier today and my memory of a Gazpacho salad I got a few years ago, (and unfortunately lost the recipie) I came up with this great dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Cooking for a Cure
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More