- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 C fined chopped onion
- 4 t canola oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 t ground cumin (I like more)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 C water
- 4 t lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beans and mash (potato masher works well). Add water, cook and stir until beans are heated through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice...
- 8 1/3 cup servings 123 cal, 3 g fat, 5 g fiber.
NotesPerfect as a side to any Tex-Mex dish. Very filling and so much lighter than the restaurant version (or the canned made with lard). High protien, high fiber.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Simple Homemade Favorites
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More