- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 C fined chopped onion
- 4 t canola oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 t ground cumin (I like more)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 C water
- 4 t lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beans and mash (potato masher works well). Add water, cook and stir until beans are heated through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice...
- 8 1/3 cup servings 123 cal, 3 g fat, 5 g fiber.
NotesPerfect as a side to any Tex-Mex dish. Very filling and so much lighter than the restaurant version (or the canned made with lard). High protien, high fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Home cookingSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More