- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 C fined chopped onion
- 4 t canola oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 t ground cumin (I like more)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 C water
- 4 t lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beans and mash (potato masher works well). Add water, cook and stir until beans are heated through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice...
- 8 1/3 cup servings 123 cal, 3 g fat, 5 g fiber.
NotesPerfect as a side to any Tex-Mex dish. Very filling and so much lighter than the restaurant version (or the canned made with lard). High protien, high fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More