- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 C fined chopped onion
- 4 t canola oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 t ground cumin (I like more)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 C water
- 4 t lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beans and mash (potato masher works well). Add water, cook and stir until beans are heated through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice...
- 8 1/3 cup servings 123 cal, 3 g fat, 5 g fiber.
NotesPerfect as a side to any Tex-Mex dish. Very filling and so much lighter than the restaurant version (or the canned made with lard). High protien, high fiber.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More