- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-bran cereal (such as All Bran or Bran Buds)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 large eggs 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone ground wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, add the cereal and raisins and then the very hot water. Stir in the melted butter. Set it aside to soak.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the buttermilk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, salt, and baking soda together until well combined. Make a crater in the dry ingredients. Pour in the egg mixture and the cereal mixture and then stir with a spatula until combined.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO BAKE MUFFINS NOW:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Fill well-greased tins two-thirds full. Refrigerate the remaining batter in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Bake the muffins for 14 to 18 minutes or until they test done. Let them sit in the tins for several minutes and then remove them to wire racks to cool. Freeze any leftover muffins.
NotesThis recipe was a very good one my mom use to make. but I lost the recipe. I asked on the forum if any one knew of this recipe and within 15 minutes I got it. My thanks to JMW for that recipe. I've posted it here so it's not lost again. "This is a heritage recipe that has been around for decades. You can make double or triple batches and always have batter on hand. Store the batter in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to two weeks, then fill the muffin tins that you need and return the rest to the refrigerator for another day."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More