- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
NotesI tried this recipe this weekend out of my TOH magazine. I do not like sweet pickles but I really liked this, even though it reminded me a little of sweet pickles. Its a good summertime salad and makes good use of all those cucumbers from your garden!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More