- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
NotesI tried this recipe this weekend out of my TOH magazine. I do not like sweet pickles but I really liked this, even though it reminded me a little of sweet pickles. Its a good summertime salad and makes good use of all those cucumbers from your garden!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Koken met Oma
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More