- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 3 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
NotesI tried this recipe this weekend out of my TOH magazine. I do not like sweet pickles but I really liked this, even though it reminded me a little of sweet pickles. Its a good summertime salad and makes good use of all those cucumbers from your garden!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More