- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4,41 lb peeled potatoes
- 3,17 oz vegetable fat (shortening)
- 10,23 oz sour cream
- salt (to taste)
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and in your blender use the function "chop" until the potato looks grated like in the parmesan grater.
- With your hands mix in a bowl the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, making sure that the shortening is well mixed.
- Put it in a copper pot or a cast iron and bake at 356ºF for 2 hours or untill the crust is brown.
- Serve with ricotta cream. If you need the recipe for that i also have it :)
NotesAcctually this is not a real cake...but i remember my dad telling me how his mom used to make for them in the cold german winter and serve with some ricotta cream...that's how i do it also...and it's fabulous....have a perfect brown crust and it's creamy inside...the taste is subtle...not strong...simply perfect and if you have leftover just grill them in a pan w/ just a little bit of oil...you'll love it!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More