- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds reindeer meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups rutabagas, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onions, quartered
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- Reindeer meat should be taken from the neck, shanks, and parts of the shoulder, and be cut in uniform pieces about 2 inches square. Place the meat in a large stewpot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer about 30 minutes. Then add the rutabaga, continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Add carrots, potatoes, onions, and salt. Place the peppercorns and bay leaves in a small cheesecloth bag and place in the stew. Cover and continue to simmer until the meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More