REMOULADE CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH
- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients for the Remoulade:
- 2 tablespoons 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Ingredients for Sandwiches:
- 1-1/2 baguettes (24-inches long and 12-inches long)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked and shredded skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 chopped pecans
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the heating element.
2. Blend yogurt, mayonnaise, ketchup, scallions, parsley, shallots, Dijon, and lemon juice for the remoulade in a food processor. Stir in bell pepper, relish, salt, and pepper.
3. Prepare baguette "boats" by slicing top third off baguettes and tearing out bread inside. (Set aside top and inside for another use.) Cut whole loaf into 4 pieces and cut half loaf into 2 pieces, 6-inches each. Brush bread with oil; place under broiler until toasted, 2-3 minutes.
4. Combine chicken with remoulade. Divide greens and tomato slices among boats; top with chicken salad and garnish with pecans. Cut each sandwich in half, if desired.
Website Credit: http://moogieland.blogspot.com/2010/08/remoulade-chicken-salad-sandwich.html