- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1-6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (or puree)
- 1/2 of the 28 oz. can water
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken or beef base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 1 hour until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
NotesThis is a basic, meatless sauce. I used it my Eggplant Parmesan dish. Yum! I would like to try it again and chunk -it-up with sautéed zucchini, onion, mushroom, bell pepper….
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More