- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon -- diced
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 6 cloves garlic -- sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes -- 28 oz
- 1 can whole tomatoes -- 28 oz
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt- Lawry's red pepper type
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package spaghetti - Bucatini or Perciatelli
- 2 teaspoons salt -- for water
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat, add bacon and onion and cook until the onions are transparent, add garlic and dry ingredients.
- Stir to prevent sticking or burning of garlic.
- Add all other ingredients, blend and cover.
- Cook on low heat stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Bring to boil 4 quarts of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons salt to water.
- Add spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- This sauce works well with shrimp or meatballs. Serve with parmesan cheese and French bread.
NotesI have two daughters. One does not eat meat and the other does not eat seafood. I created this so that I could cook something for both of them and have them for dinner at the same time. I will make meatballs and sauteed shrimp in separate pans and let them add whichever they choose. They both love the sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More