- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have two daughters. One does not eat meat and the other does not eat seafood. I created this so that I could cook something for both of them and have them for dinner at the same time. I will make meatballs and sauteed shrimp in separate pans and let them add whichever they choose. They both love the sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon -- diced
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 6 cloves garlic -- sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes -- 28 oz
- 1 can whole tomatoes -- 28 oz
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt- Lawry's red pepper type
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package spaghetti - Bucatini or Perciatelli
- 2 teaspoons salt -- for water
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat, add bacon and onion and cook until the onions are transparent, add garlic and dry ingredients.
- Stir to prevent sticking or burning of garlic.
- Add all other ingredients, blend and cover.
- Cook on low heat stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Bring to boil 4 quarts of water.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons salt to water.
- Add spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- This sauce works well with shrimp or meatballs. Serve with parmesan cheese and French bread.