- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 3/4 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed -- crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Mix all the spices together in a small microwave proof bowl with 1/4 cup of water, cover, and microwave for 3 minutes. This will bring out the spice flavors with less cook time. Don't microwave the onion and garlic powders. The onion and garlic powders give an instant flavor that you will not get with fresh garlic unless it cooks for a long time. Add all ingredients, except the brandy, in a large pot, cover and simmer. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking until sauce has reduced to the desired thickness. Stir in the brandy when the sauce is finished and allow to cool.
- I have found that the cooking time will change as you add more toppings and you can get a soggy mess. Before you add your toppings, spray the rolled out dough with olive oil to keep the sauce from penetrating the dough.
- This is the cooking times and temperatures I have worked out for the amount of toppings you use:
- 1. Plain cheese pizza - 450°, 10 minutes.
- 2. Two ingredients - 450°, 12 minutes.
- 3. Four ingredients - 450°, 16 minutes.
- 4. Seven ingredients - 375°, 20 minutes.
- If you are making a deep dish meat pizza, allow 30 minutes at 300°.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More