- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups canola oil
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 12 ounces calamari, tubes and tentacles, cut in 1/4-inch thick
- 3 ounces diced Roma tomatoes
- 3 ounces chopped scallions
- Heat canola oil in a deep pot to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over high heat, combine olive oil, butter, pepperoncini and onion. Saute until lightly caramelized, then add garlic and cook until tender.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until slightly reduced.
- Add the clam juice, red pepper, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Core out bread and lightly toast the bread bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch, flour, seasoning salt and cayenne. Toss calamari in flour and shake off excess.
- Fry calamari in oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Toss fried calamari with the sauce and pour into the toasted bread bowl. Garnish with Roma tomatoes and scallions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More