- 1 Rhodes Texas™ Roll, or 2 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- vegetable oil
- glaze and chocolate icing
- choice of toppings (nuts, coconut, candy sprinkles etc.)
- Poke holes in roll centers and stretch to form large openings.
- If using dinner rolls, press 2 together well and then stretch with fingers.
- Place doughnuts on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap.
- Let double in size.
- Pour oil two inches deep into small sauce pan or electric fry pan and heat to medium.
- Remove wrap and fry doughnuts on each side (about 15 seconds) until golden.
- Remove with a fork and place on paper towel.
- Drop into glaze and coat both sides.
- Place on waxed paper.
- For chocolate doughnuts, dip into icing and coat one side.
- Quickly sprinkle with toppings.
- Glaze: 1/2 cup water and 4 cups powdered sugar, mixed well.
- Chocolate icing:
- Bring to boil 1/2 cup butter, 6 tablespoons milk, 4 tablespoons cocoa.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 cups powdered sugar.
NotesThese doughnuts are do-able and delightfully delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More