RHUBARB, APPLE, CHERRY AND CINNAMON COBBLER
Rhubarb, Apple, Cherry and Cinnamon Cobbler
- Servings: 6
- 2 cup rhubarb, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 cups Cherries, sliced in half removing pit.
- (You can put any combination of these you wish.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Buttermilk and Cinnamon pastry:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. butter, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 375F. Rinse rhubarb, drain and transfer to a bowl. Add apples, cherries, sugar, honey, corn starch and lemon juice and stir to combine, then place in a oven-proof baking dish.
Buttermilk and cinnamon pastry:
In bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon & butter. Use pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk until dough comes together, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
Roll out to 4mm thick (1/8" thick), use a 7cm (2 1/2" pastry cutter). Cut out rounds and arrange over rhubarb mixture, overlapping slightly. Brush tops with a little extra buttermilk.
Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, scatter over pastry and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and pastry is golden and risen.
Serve with cream or ice cream