- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 graham cracker crust (9-in.)
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs. water, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled; halved lengthwise
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and salt. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the rhubarb and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Drain. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir gelatin and sugar into rhubarb. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened. Stir in strawberries. Spoon over pie. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.