Rhubarb Cheesecake Pie
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup water
3 cups chopped rhubarb
1 (9 inch) prebaked deep dish pie shell
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, salt, water and rhubarb. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C.)
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Pour over rhubarb in the pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until filling is set.