RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE
Rhubarb Crumb Cake
- Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, (she called for shortening)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract (used almond extract)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 or 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts ( used slivered almonds)
In your stand mixer cream sugars and butter (shortening) until creamy. Beat in egg. Add sour cream and almond extract. Combine until just mixed.
In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder with a whisk.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend until just mixed.
Take off mixer and fold in rhubarb
Pour into 9" X 9" baking pan.
Sprinkle topping to top of cake.
Bake 350º for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tootpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you are using frozen rhubarb bake 15 minutes longer.