- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 To 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (depending on tartness desired)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of ground Cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 to 8 cups chopped rhubarb, about 2 to 3 pounds untrimmed (6 cups for 9-inch pie plate, 8 cups for 9 1/2 inch deep-dish pie plate)
- Pastry for 1 double-crust pie(I'm not allowed 2 recipes per page- See pie pastry in "Dough & crusts")
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add beaten eggs and rhubarb tossing to coat.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter and top with lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until filling bubbles and crust is golden brown.
NotesI found this recipe in food day (section in the Oregon Newspaper)I could say that I'm famous for it, but I didn't make up the recipe; it was Leslie Cole.