- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, confectioners' sugar and butter until it forms a dough, or at least the butter is in small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While this bakes, whisk together the white sugar, salt, flour and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in rhubarb to coat.
- Spread evenly over the baked crust when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for another 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Cool and cut into squares to serve.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More