- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place oven rack on lowest level. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line pie pan with pastry, and make high fluted rim.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, juice, egg yolks, and strawberry gelatin. Beat thoroughly. Add 1 cup of sugar, flour, and salt; beat well. Stir rhubarb into mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar slowly, continuing to beat. Fold meringue into rhubarb mixture. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
A Falcon Feast
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce