- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place oven rack on lowest level. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line pie pan with pastry, and make high fluted rim.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, juice, egg yolks, and strawberry gelatin. Beat thoroughly. Add 1 cup of sugar, flour, and salt; beat well. Stir rhubarb into mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar slowly, continuing to beat. Fold meringue into rhubarb mixture. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More