- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 300 gram fresh rhubarb stalks, trimmed from leaves
- 400 gram peeled apples
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, very finely grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1,5 tabelspoon brown Sugar
- 50 gram fine diced hazelnuts
- 350 ml flour
- 150 gram butter
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 F
- Cut the rhubarb in 2 cm long chunks. Peel the apples and cut them in 2 cm chunks. Put the fruit in a sauce pan together with the butter, ginger, cinnamon. Heat and let simmer for a few minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Don’t let the fruit become too soft though.
- Pour the fruit filling in a baking pan.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a dry warm frying pan for a few minutes.
- Place the sugar, butter, flour and hazelnuts in a bowl. With the tips of your fingers rub the ingredients together until you have a crumbly mixture. Cover the fruit with the crumbles and bake for 25 minutes until the topping is nicely browned.
NotesI greated this recipe for a Wedding Buffet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More