- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Line 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan with foil.
- In large bowl, combine above ingredients until stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- 1 part :
- stir 1/4 finely chopped red maraschino cherries, well drained & 1/4 almond extract
- 2nd part:
- 1 envelope pre melted chocolate or 1 square unsweeted chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3rd part:
- 1/3 finely chopped nuts
- 6 drops green food coloring.
- Spoon and evenly press the chocolate, green and cherry dough in lined pan.
- Cover, chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove dough from pan.
- Cut in half lengthwise. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
NotesThese are my favorite cookies! I usually only make three stripes. Dipping in chocolate is optional!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More