- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Line 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan with foil.
- In large bowl, combine above ingredients until stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- 1 part :
- stir 1/4 finely chopped red maraschino cherries, well drained & 1/4 almond extract
- 2nd part:
- 1 envelope pre melted chocolate or 1 square unsweeted chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3rd part:
- 1/3 finely chopped nuts
- 6 drops green food coloring.
- Spoon and evenly press the chocolate, green and cherry dough in lined pan.
- Cover, chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove dough from pan.
- Cut in half lengthwise. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
NotesThese are my favorite cookies! I usually only make three stripes. Dipping in chocolate is optional!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
50 Shades of Taste
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More