- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an old recipe that many members of my family have made over time. It is a fun recipe to prepare with your kids and for your kids--no matter what their age. The two most important factors are patience and a level refrigerator!! This is a fun party dish.
- For each flavor of jello you will need:
- 1 box jello
- 1 envelope knox gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine and stir until jello and gelatin are dissolved. Divide equally into two bowls. To one half add 1/3 cup sour cream. To the other half add 3 T. cool water.
- Starting with sour cream layer, pour into 8 inch square baking dish that has been chilled. Refrigerate. When this layer is firm to touch add the clear half; refrigerate. Prepare next flavor as above and be ready to layer in 12-15 minutes. Add as many flvors (layers) as you wish.
- Four flavors (eight layers) makes a nice thickness. Cut into 1 inch cubes. These can be eaten as a finger food and the cubes make a great presentation on a buffet.
- The color/flavor combos are endless. Strawberry and lime jello are the beginning flavors of a great Christmas treat. Add flavors to enhance your cubes.
- Kids of all ages love this fun food. These bites are lovely, tasty, and easy to eat. Enjoy!!