- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For each flavor of jello you will need:
- 1 box jello
- 1 envelope knox gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine and stir until jello and gelatin are dissolved. Divide equally into two bowls. To one half add 1/3 cup sour cream. To the other half add 3 T. cool water.
- Starting with sour cream layer, pour into 8 inch square baking dish that has been chilled. Refrigerate. When this layer is firm to touch add the clear half; refrigerate. Prepare next flavor as above and be ready to layer in 12-15 minutes. Add as many flvors (layers) as you wish.
- Four flavors (eight layers) makes a nice thickness. Cut into 1 inch cubes. These can be eaten as a finger food and the cubes make a great presentation on a buffet.
- The color/flavor combos are endless. Strawberry and lime jello are the beginning flavors of a great Christmas treat. Add flavors to enhance your cubes.
- Kids of all ages love this fun food. These bites are lovely, tasty, and easy to eat. Enjoy!!
NotesThis is an old recipe that many members of my family have made over time. It is a fun recipe to prepare with your kids and for your kids--no matter what their age. The two most important factors are patience and a level refrigerator!! This is a fun party dish.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More