- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 14 oz cans fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 3 medium yellow onions (3 or so cups chopped)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2/3 cup unsulfered molasses
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 bottle Cave Creek Chili beer, optional
- 1 rack of baby back pork ribs (remove membrane)
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in large pot, cast iron works well and add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until brown and then add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp coriander, 2/3 cup molasses and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Mix and bring to boil for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 tsp liquid smoke, 1/2 beer (pepper in for spice) and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for 2-3 hours (until thickened and dark). Then, add 1/4 cup white vinegar and 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp each of salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes more and take off heat. When cool, place in blender and add 1/2-1 cup of water and puree until it reaches desired consistency. Store in jar or airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 325 and place ribs on large piece of foil, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on each side (you can do this the night before or right before cooking), ending with fat side up. Cover ribs with a second piece of foil and seal tightly to keep moisture in, bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and brush with homemade sauce, or your favorite sauce, place fat side down and return to oven (foil open) for 30 more minutes. Remove again and brush with more sauce, cut and serve. You’ll probably want to invest in large amounts of napkins.
NotesI made this for my husband's birthday and he was proud because I am not much of a "meat eater." Such a great meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More