- Cooking Time: 5 to 6 mins., + standing
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium green and/or red sweet peppers
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pouch cooked Spanish-style rice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 (1 oz.) slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese
- Oregano (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Quarter peppers; remove stems, seeds and ribs; place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons water; cover with parchment and micrwave on HIGH 4 minutes, until crisp/tender.
- Remove peppers from dish; drain and set aside.
- Microwave rice according to package directions; drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- In the baking dish, layer half the peppers (cut sides up), rice, tomatoes, Pepper Jack cheese and remaining peppers (cut sides down); drizzle with reserved tomato liquid.
- Cover with parchment; microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes, let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with Parmesan cheese and oregano; drizzle with olive oil.
NotesI found this recipe on the 'Better Homes & Gardens' website; it can be either a vegetarian dish, or you can add meat to it (I added ground sirloin...I mixed it in with the Spanish rice).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More