- Cooking Time: 5 to 6 mins., + standing
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium green and/or red sweet peppers
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pouch cooked Spanish-style rice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 (1 oz.) slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese
- Oregano (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Quarter peppers; remove stems, seeds and ribs; place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons water; cover with parchment and micrwave on HIGH 4 minutes, until crisp/tender.
- Remove peppers from dish; drain and set aside.
- Microwave rice according to package directions; drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- In the baking dish, layer half the peppers (cut sides up), rice, tomatoes, Pepper Jack cheese and remaining peppers (cut sides down); drizzle with reserved tomato liquid.
- Cover with parchment; microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes, let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with Parmesan cheese and oregano; drizzle with olive oil.
NotesI found this recipe on the 'Better Homes & Gardens' website; it can be either a vegetarian dish, or you can add meat to it (I added ground sirloin...I mixed it in with the Spanish rice).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More