- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Cups boiled rice
- 4 Apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of ground clove
- Spread the rice on a pudding cloth (read "cut up an old white pillow case")
- Peel, core and 1/4 the apples, toss with spices.
- Heap apples in center of rice. Gather cloth so that apples are surrounded by rice. Tie tightly.
- Plunge into boiling water and boil 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown sugar and milk or cream
- Serves 3-4
NotesPerfect winter breakfast
A very old recipe...a favorite when I was a kid...perfect for leftover rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More