- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Cups boiled rice
- 4 Apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of ground clove
- Spread the rice on a pudding cloth (read "cut up an old white pillow case")
- Peel, core and 1/4 the apples, toss with spices.
- Heap apples in center of rice. Gather cloth so that apples are surrounded by rice. Tie tightly.
- Plunge into boiling water and boil 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown sugar and milk or cream
- Serves 3-4
NotesPerfect winter breakfast
A very old recipe...a favorite when I was a kid...perfect for leftover rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More