- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Cups boiled rice
- 4 Apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of ground clove
- Spread the rice on a pudding cloth (read "cut up an old white pillow case")
- Peel, core and 1/4 the apples, toss with spices.
- Heap apples in center of rice. Gather cloth so that apples are surrounded by rice. Tie tightly.
- Plunge into boiling water and boil 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown sugar and milk or cream
- Serves 3-4
NotesPerfect winter breakfast
A very old recipe...a favorite when I was a kid...perfect for leftover rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More