- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a great way to use leftover rice. I had been making extra rice and freezing it in individual servings so that I could quickly make lunches for my son after school. As he's gone for the summer I wanted to clear those out of the freezer. I'd love to try this again with brown rice for a healthier take on it.
- 6 cups leftover rice, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces Emmenthaler cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely minced assorted herbs
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Combine all ingredients except for panko in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 2-inch balls, dredge lightly in panko and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes at 450 F. Cool 5 minutes before serving.