- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 5 +1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small tomato diced
- Paprika for sprinkling garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan, add the 5 tbs oil, garlic, and onions.
- In another pan, add the 1 tbs oil, peppers.
- Once the onions and garlic and slightly caramelized, add in the chickpeas.
- Mix the rice with the tomato paste, then add the peppers mixture, onion mixture, and diced tomato.
- Take ice cream scoop and shape into rice balls.
- Salt to taste -
- Sprinkle with Paprika for added color.
NotesMy family loves to cook with fresh vegetables. I adapted this from a misc amount of our family favorites. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More