- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1.5 ounces onion, small dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock, simmering
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil.
- Add the onions and bay leaf and saute until onions are transluscent.
- Add rice and stir to coat it completely with fat. Toast slightly but don't brown.
- Pour in simmering stock and a pinch of salt.
- Cover the pot tightly and simmer over a low heat until liquid is absorbed, approximately 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, remove bay leaf and fluff rice. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
NotesOur basic cooking-school rice pilaf. Makes a good alternative to plain steamed rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More