- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chicken broth (2 cups water and 2 chicken boullion cubes-microwave to melt cubes, approximately 2 minutes)
- Melt margarine over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Cook onion in melted margarine about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice; cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add broth and salt.
- Heat to boiling, stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 16 minutes; remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes; serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More