- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a large heavy pot over med high heat bring rice, milk, half and half, and salt to a gentle boil.
- This will take some time Lower heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes until thickened. Do not cover.
- Remember to stir frequently from start to finish to prevent sticking, clumping, scorching and causing that thick film to form on top.
- If a skin does happen to form, simply skim it off with a spoon.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla. Stir well.and serve warm or place covered with plastic wrap to cool in refrigerator. When ready to serve sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
A Falcon FeastSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More