- Cooking Time: 3 hours + chilling
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours or until rice is tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.
NotesFor an old-fashioned sweet treat just like Grandma made, try this creamy pudding. It has a rich cinnamon flavor. Yum!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More