- Cooking Time: 3 hours + chilling
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours or until rice is tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.
NotesFor an old-fashioned sweet treat just like Grandma made, try this creamy pudding. It has a rich cinnamon flavor. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce