- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups can cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined but not foamy.
- Add spice, cooked rice and raisins and mix well. Pour rice mixture into a sprayed 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in a baking pan then place in oven. Pour boiled water into baking pan around the casserole dish to a depth of about an inch.
- Bake, uncovered at 325° F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Serves 4
NotesMy mama used to cook extra rice for supper, so that she could make the pudding the next day. But she would have to double this recipe for all of us!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Christmas CookiesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More