- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryBrowsing for Caribbean recipes for rice to go with meat, I found this recipe. It's not too complicated and tastes very good.
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1 cup of red kidney beans
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped hot green pepper
- 1/4 cup salted pork or bacon cut into small cubes
- 1 tablesp. of butter
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tablesp. of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cook the beans [after having soaked them for 8 or 10 hours] in 4 cups of water for 2 hours or until tender in a medium pot.
- 2 Drain the beans but keep the water which will be used to cook the rice.
- 3 Fry the salt pork or bacon until crisp (use oil if needed). Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper.
- 4 Add the beans along with salt and pepper to taste. Add the water used to cook the beans and bring to a boil
- 5 Add the rice and cook for 20-25 minutes.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More