- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 1-2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 to 1 Artichoke per person
- Rice - boxed mix or your own
- Ricotta Cheese
- Seasoned Panko
- Seasoned Crushed Tomatoes
- Clean artichokes. Cut off stems and remove coarse thick leaves. Trim off the points on the remaining leaves. Cut artichoke in half to reveal heart.
- Tear out the heart. Yes I am cruel, I just rip it out :) Set the heart aside. Scoop out the fuzzy part and discard. Do this with the remaining chokes.
- Start your rice. Add a little bit of extra water or broth. Tear the hearts into small pieces and stir into the uncooked rice mixture.
- Place the artichoke halves in the rice so that they touch the bottom of the pan and are mostly covered with liquid. A skillet with lid works really well.
- Cook until rice and artichokes are tender and liquid is reduced. Keep in eye on the artichokes so that they do not overcook. Remove early if necessary.
- Place artichokes on an oven safe pan. Fill with rice. Top rice with ricotta and then panko. Broil until the panko is browned and the cheese is warm.
- Plate and serve with remaining rice and crushed tomatoes. Simple and easy.
- Now throw what you can in the dishwasher and curl up in front of the TV with a big bowl of comfort!
NotesIt was misting outside so thus I required comfort food. Bonus, this one is super easy and quick too. Perfect for evenings when all you want to do is curl up with a blanket on the couch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More