- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3/4 cup white sugar
- * 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- * 1/4 cup ketchup
- * 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- * 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- * 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1. Stir the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch and garlic together in a saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
NotesThis recipe came from an all recipes email.
This basting sauce is excellent brushed on grilled chicken or pork. This recipe makes 1 cup, but it's nice to double the recipe so you have extra to pass around for added flavor. This recipe is high in sugar, so just brush on the last few minutes of cooking so that the meat won't burn