RICE AND CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 x Soft Corn Tortillas
- 1 x Enchilada Spice Mix
- 2 x Enchilada Tomato Sauce sachets
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- 125g easy cook long grain rice
- 150g mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 x can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 x red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 x green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1tbsp corn oil
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4 and lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry the chicken and onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the Enchilada Spice Mix with 2 sachets of Old El Paso Tomato Sauce and 150ml hot water.
- Pour half of this mixture over the rice, with the stock, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in the peppers and sweetcorn, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in half of the cheese and the fresh coriander.
- Warm the Tortillas
- Take the first of the Tortillas and spoon over some of the rice and cheese mixture down the centre. Roll and place fold side down in an ovenproof dish. Repeat with remaining Tortillas, then pour over the cheese sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
NotesGood hearty filling family food - and a good way to get kids to eat some vegetables!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More