- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large can diced green chile peppers
- 1 8 oz. pkg shredded cheese ( I use a mexican blend)
- 1/2 pint of whipping cream.
- In a sauce pan melt the stick of butter then sautee the onion and rice in the butter until rice starts to change color slightly. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer covered with lid for 20 minutes until rice is done.
- Using at least a 4 inch deep round casserole dish lightly sprayed or greased, alternating a layer of cooked rice mixture, a layer of green chiles, a layer of cheese. Continue layering until casserole dish is full, or all your ingredients are used, with the last layer being cheese on the top.
- Pour the 1/2 pint of whipping cream over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 375 45 minutes or until hot a bubbly
NotesThis recipe came from a customer of mine when i worked at a local bank when i was 16 years old. I have used this recipe everytime that I make mexican food. Everyone who has tried this always wants the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More