- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-10
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 5/7/9” Spring Roll Skin (tapioca flour, water, salt)
- Rice noodles
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 -2 heads of lettuce, de ribbed
- 2 handfuls thinly chopped red cabbage
- 1 -3 bunches fresh mint
- 1 pkg. baked tofu sliced
- Cooked shrimp
- Prep work and then assembly.
- In a large pot of almost boiling water, dip half of the spring roll skin. Carefully turn over, dip the other side. Lay flat on a large plate. In the center place a lettuce piece no bigger than a small fist, adding a thin, long pile of rice noodles. Top that with a sprinkling of carrot and red cabbage. Place protein (tofu or shrimp above the rice noodles on top of 1 -2 mint leaves. Now roll like a burrito.
- This is great with many sauces. May I suggest a Peanut sauce?
NotesNate Snyder taught Anna, Sasha, Tara and I how to make this simple food many years ago. I have tried different ingredients and sauces; I love this lettuce wrap for its’ versatility.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More