- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 250 g Basmati rice
- 2 small melons (Cantaloupe)
- 150 g Parma Prosciutto
- 200 g Provolone cheese
- 10-12 leaves of fresh mint
- 3-4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Boil rice in salted water until al dente. Drain and cool under cold running water. Spread on a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- Cut melons in half, remove seeds with a spoon, scoop the flesh and place in a bowl.
- Put the melon shells aside for later.
- Wash, dry and cut into tiny stripes the mint leaves. Dice the cheese into 1/2 cm (1/5") cubes. Cut the sliced prosciutto into 1cm large stripes. Add everything into the bowl with melon.
- Add the rice as well, season with EVOO, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Serve in melon "bowls".
NotesDelicious, delicious, delicious.
Tasty, nutricious and refreshing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More