RICH LAMB STEW WITH CREMINI AND SHITAKE MUSHROOMS
Rich Lamb Stew with Cremini and Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 lb lean lamb stew meat
- Flour seasoned with Salt, Pepper, & Cayenne
- 2 qt. beef stock
- A cup or two of Chianti
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 or 4 celery stalks, sliced (peeled)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Dried thyme
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Sea Salt
- A few handfuls of cremini and shitakes, quartered
- 3 or 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
-Toss stew meat with seasoned flour.
-Brown lamb in olive oil in 3 qt sauce pan.
-Add onion, carrots, celery to pot (and a little more olive oil if needed.) Season with salt and pepper.
-Add beef stock, wine, garlic, and spices. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
-Cover and cook for 1 hr, stirring occasionally.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, and add to stew.
-Add mushrooms. Cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes when lamb is fork tender.
-Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with egg noodles.
Originally posted on http://sweetsandeats.blogspot.com.