- Cooking Time: 20 to 22
- Preparation Time:
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil by 2-inches on two opposite sides. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl dissolve the espresso in the hot water; set aside.
- Combine the butter and the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl. Heat, in 15 second increments, until both butter and chocolate are melted and smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, the sugar, the cocoa, the baking powder and the salt. Whisk to blend.
- In another medium bowl whisk together the espresso mixture, the butter mixture, the vanilla and the eggs. Add the espresso mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. THE MIXTURE WILL BE VERY THICK. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the toffee chips.
- Bake until a tester, inserted into the middle of the pan, comes out clean, about 20 - 22 minutes. Remove pan from oven, set on rack and cool completely.
- Using foil extensions as a guide remove brownies from pan and set on a smooth, dry surface. Cut into bars or squares of desired size.
- In this recipe I combined two of my favorite flavors -- chocolate and coffee. The brownies are very rich so cut them small, I cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More