- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt or whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup packed powdered (icing) sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa or carob (reduce icing sugar to ½ cup if using carob)
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut butter
- 1 egg replacer, mixed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 45 whole macadamia nuts, halved
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Blend in the sugars and cocoa.
- Add margarine, nut butter, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Shape into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on sheets
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Gently press 3 macadamia nut halves in a triangle fashion on each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on pans, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesA chocolate- and nut-butter cookie that is truly decadent with macadamia butter and nuts. The reason I call these "pawnbroker" cookies is the design of the nuts mimics the pawnbroker symbol, and rich, well, you know how expensive macadamias are!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 29.2 mg
Total Carbs: 15.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 2.0 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More