- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- One 15 ounce container Ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- One - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread butter over bottom and sides of a 9-inche pie pan or spring form pan.
- Add the crumbs, turning the pan to coat the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the ricotta, eggs cream, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake to 50 minutes, or until the pie is set around the edges but the center is still slightly soft.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- To make the topping:
- Drain the pineapple well, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. In a medium sauce pan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the 1/2 cup pineapple juice and the lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Spread the pineapple mixture over the pie.
- Cover and chill for a least 1 hour before serving.
NotesSource: "The Sopranos Family Cookbook"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More